You can connect to GoodReader from any web browser (like Internet Explorer, Safari or any other). You will be able to upload files to your iPhone / iPod touch and create directories.
However, it is not the best way of doing this. You have to upload your files one-by-one. If you want to have full control over the process (to transfer whole directories, copy, move, rename and delete files and folders, etc.), you have to connect your iPhone / iPod touch as a network folder to your computer (what we call a "professional" transfer). See WiFi File Transfer manual for instructions on how to connect your iPhone as a network folder on different operating systems.
But if you have small number of files, uploading them via a web-browser will do just fine.
File transfer instructions:
- on your computer open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari or any other)
in the address field of your browser enter your iPhone's IP-address taken from Step 5 of WiFi File Transfer manual. Enter it exactly as you see it on GoodReader's WiFi-transfer page, with http:// and :8080 parts:
- please do NOT assume that the IP-address is the same as it was when you were connecting the last time - IP-addresses change periodically, check it every time when connecting
the iPhone Connection page should open:
- find Select file to upload label and a button by it, use this button to select a file for further uploading, then press Upload selected file button (this button will appear as soon as you select a file to upload)
- use Create directory button to create a new directory
- click on a directory name to go inside that directory and to display its contents. All further file uploads will be made into a currently displayed directory.